Home from playing at the park this afternoon, my son is ready for a snack before I make dinner. Smoothies are a quick and easy snack, and most kids like chocolate milk. But don't buy it. Make it! Healthier, and so very quick and easy.
Healthy Chocolate Herbal Smoothie
- 1/2 cup milk of choice -- we used rice, but coconut, cow, etc are all good
- 1 1/2 level tsp raw honey OR 1/2 tsp raw honey and 2 pitted dates
- 1 Tb unsweetened cocoa powder OR raw cacao
- optional 1-2 Tbs cream -- cow or coconut -- OR coconut manna
- optional 1/2 tsp elderberry glycerite or elderberry powder, for immune boosting, OR powdered herbs of red raspberry leaf, oatstraw, nettles and alfalfa for herbal vitamins
- optional 2-4 ice cubes or frozen strawberries, or 1/4 frozen banana, for a thicker chilled drink
Pop everything into a blender and whiz smooth. Lovely!